Google Calendar, Slack & Coda as Power Tools to enhance Productivity and Efficiency
Google Calendar is an impressive free online calendar that lets you easily keep track of your events and share the calendar with your family, friends, or co-workers. In addition to the calendar, you can use Google Calendar to set up reminders and send invitations, as well as keep track of acknowledgments. Since its web-based, you can access Google Calendar from anywhere. Even though multiple calendars can be overlaid on top of one another, differentiating between their events at a glance is really easy because each calendar can be a different color.
Google Calendar is also available for iOS and Android phones. Reminders can be set up for events and then be texted messaged or emailed to you. Also, it’s easy to sync Google Calendar with Microsoft Outlook, Apple iCal, and other equivalent programs, as it is very versatile and flexible.
Connecting the Google Calendar with Slack helps you and your team stay organized and up to date with events, reminders, notifications, etc. It will enhance the communication and efficiency between co-workers. Also saves time and boosts your productivity. By using a shared calendar, you can balance out assignments across your team. You can view the team calendar and that will allow you to have a better idea of each employee’s obligations and convenience. This allows them and you to optimally plan out there and your tasks and appointments accordingly.
After setting up Google Calendar, the following benefits can be highlighted.
- It will automatically update your Slack status. Using your primary calendar, the Google Calendar app will automatically set your Slack status. i.e. Saman Kumara – In a meeting.
- Also, you can remove or update your Slack status at any time. The calendar app won’t interfere with any status you’ve set yourself.
- Only meetings you accept will prompt a status update in Slack, and your status will exclude the name of your meeting.
- If you have overlapping events, there are two options: if the events have different durations, Slack will set your status to match the lengthier one, but if they start or end at different times, your status will set to the prior one.
- Get an overview of today’s schedule delivered each morning or the next day’s schedule delivered the night before.
- Keep your calendar up to date: review invites details, see conflicting meetings, and reply to events with a Yes, No, or Maybe quick reply.
- If you use Google Hangouts or Zoom, Join conference calls, meetings from an event reminder with a single tap.
Coda is a cloud-based document editor that grows with users’ ideas. Coda docs can do everything from launching products, to scale small businesses, to help them study for tests, etc. The app stands apart from traditional office tools because it unites text, presentations, third-party apps and spreadsheet utilities into a single document. Coda also allows for some basic programming. The program’s one-tap presentation mode lets you view a doc in full screen. Users can add tables, graphs, calendars, buttons, sliders and more to any project.
Coda’s interface is simple and user-friendly. It’s easy to navigate between projects, access the suite of tools and share ideas. Coda comes with building blocks to create docs powerful as apps. Starting from a blank document it can be modified with tables, charts, cards, calendar, images and more. Everything can be easily customizable according to users’ requirements. That’s Coda, when spelled backward – a doc.Last modified: August 24, 2019